2 Min Read
Communicating and Marketing Through These Unprecedented Times
This is a unique moment in time where we, as businesses, need to focus on what we can do to help our customers, and ourselves. Now is your time to lead.
Although in-person meetings are frowned upon, there are other communication options such as the internet (online meetings, social media, email, your website) which are great tools to help your company over the next few weeks, possibly months. That is where our unique expertise can help.
For starters, the following are some tips and steps you should take:
Employee Communications During the Coronavirus
First, make sure your staff is up to date and kept abreast of all the important information. They are your business family, take care of them first.
- Communicate clearly and often: When you don’t tell your staff what is truly happening, they will create their own story.
- Be honest: If you don’t know something, it’s OK to say you don’t know.
- Be transparent: The more transparent you can be, the better.
Customer Communications during the Coronavirus
We are all experiencing the impact of the coronavirus including its effect on the sales of our products/services, acquisition of new customers and even communicating with existing customers and prospects.
You may be thinking about drastically cutting budgets, or even stopping all marketing efforts. However, history has proven time and again that these knee-jerk reactive steps don’t work for the long term. This is a time, where continuing to invest in marketing is actually more cost-efficient and effective.
Being agile, flexible and creative are the attributes you’ll need right now. Organizers are canceling events and companies are imposing travel restrictions, which are adversely impacting the face-to-face customer interactions critical to a company’s success.
No One Can Predict the Future, But We Can Prepare for It
These are uncertain times but together we can make it through by:
- Clearly defining your communications strategy and plan for the short term.
- Exercising control and oversight of your marketing environment (people, programs, technology).
- Innovate by utilizing different tactics to ‘meet’ with customers/clients and continue to market in this new environment.
- Communicate often and be honest and transparent. You may end up with a stronger brand than you had before.
Now is the time to innovate. This can be hard, but we are here to help.